EN PLEIN AIR CHALLENGE – 19 AUGUST 2023
EN PLEIN AIR CHALLENGE
An event of the Eltham Art Show 2023
The Art Heritage of the Nillumbik Shire
SATURDAY, 19 AUGUST 2023
10.00 AM – 3.00 PM
See proposed locations at bottom of this page
(allow 1 hour travel time)
Registrations Open: 1 July 2023
Registrations Close: 14 August 2023
$10.00 per artist
- Montsalvat – 7 Hillcrest Ave, Eltham
(Entry fee applicable $10 per artist) https://goo.gl/maps/epjWP21V8ksJcvQt6
- Trestle Bridge – Panther Place, Eltham https://goo.gl/maps/HhGFtQ6Pn4y8oUCg9
- Eltham Village – Eltham https://goo.gl/maps/RjGguhoJirAXhjp26
- Montsalvat Chapel – View from Eltham Cemetery, 40 Mount Pleasant Rd, Eltham https://goo.gl/maps/CYmgPQN4zuWysZUC8
- Yarra River – Griffith Park https://goo.gl/maps/BFRHBZNJ2wzq246x8
- Kangaroo Ground Vineyards – Kangaroo Ground https://goo.gl/maps/xgxBdyfci1UwcTcG8
- Eltham War Memorial Park Lookout – Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd https://goo.gl/maps/fUdHGnJt4HHsCUaQ8
- Edendale Homestead – Gastons Rd, Eltham https://goo.gl/maps/WF94FfByDL4ZUSZu7
Information for Artists interested in participating in the
En Plein Air Challenge
- From 1 July, Artists are invited to register for the En Plain Air Challenge HERE (maximum 50 artists accepted).
- Upon registration, decals will be emailed to those accepted artists for social media use.
- Equipment: Artists are to provide all required equipment to facilitate a piece of art during the time allowed.
- Mediums allowed Watercolour, pastel (sleeve to be supplied for storage) Ink, Pencil, Acrylic (all pieces must be 100% dry when submitted for judging). Oil can be used but is not recommended due to drying time and lack of storage.
- Atwork size: Preferably no larger than 40cm x 30cm suggested.
- 10.00am Saturday, 19 August, 2023 Artists will present to the Mummery Room at Edendale, Gastons Rd, Eltham for registration and stamping by Victorian Artists Society of your canvas/paper/board. Artists will be given Eltham Art Show handouts for the general public who come to view their activities.
- 10.30 – 11.00am Artists will proceed to chosen location to start and finaliase their work within 4 hours.
- 2.30pm Artists will return to Mummery room at Edendale where works will be selected by three judges from Victorian Artists Society into the “top 20” from which a winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be presented with the award at the Gala night opening of the Eltham Art Show,Wednesday, 30 August 2023.