• In 2020 Susie was one of six artists featured by Nillumbik Council for their International Women’s Day celebrations with a group exhibition at the Eltham Library Community Gallery.
• Nillumbik Shire Council purchased the painting 'How do we comfort those who have lost everything?' for their civic art collection. The painting is a response to the devastating fires of 2019-20.
• In 2020-21 Susie was a recipient of an Annual Arts & Culture Grant through the Nillumbik Council for her current project titled “For the one whose voice was silenced”. This series of paintings depicts the story of her family as war refugees and will take place in October 2022 at Montsalvat (postponed from Oct 2021).
• In 2020 Susie was a finalist in the Perceval Portrait Prize (Qld) and the Gosford Regional Art Prize (NSW).
• In 2021 Susie was a finalist in the Gosford Regional Art Prize (NSW) and the National Capital Art Prize (Canberra).
Susie is mostly self-taught. For a number of years she has been painting in a beautiful stable repurposed as a studio in Kangaroo Ground in the Yarra Valley. In this quiet location she has been continuously experimenting with her art practice. Her repertoire includes portraiture, landscape, life drawing, and the poetic.
Showing all 4 artworks